Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Piece of mind with the Delorme inReach Explorer


 I recently picked up a new tool for hiking, the Delorme inReach Explorer GPS. 
I have been wanting an inReach for the satellite communication capability that it offers.  I frequently hike in areas that have little or no cell service and this offers some piece of mind for my family.  I had some time yesterday to get out and begin to learn how to use some of the features on it.  I hiked along the Hubbard River in Granville State Forest. 

 
It was a quick out and back hike.  I hiked about 2.5 miles along the river.  I still have much to learn about all that this device can do, but so far I am happy with it. 
Delorme is now a part of the Garmin family.  Here is a link to the Garmin website with more information about the inReach.  


Garmin inReach

As I learn how to use this and take it on a few more trips I will review it more. 

No comments: